Admission Requirements and Procedures
Before submitting an application the following requirements must be satisfied:
1. Bachelors Degree in Childhood Education from Boricua College or any other New York State accredited.
2. Must have taken and passed at least two (2) of the following (3) New York State exams: LAST, ATS-W, CST.
3. GPA of 2.7 or above (based on a 4.0 scale).
Procedure for Admission
1. Submit Application Form with supporting documents;
2. Submit Financial Aid forms and documentation to the Admissions Office;
3. Pay the one hundred dollar($100.00) non-refundable Admissions Fee;
4. Write and submit a Personal Statement with the application demonstrating commitment to the
field of education;
5. Appear in an oral interview conducted by Faculty Committee;
6. Write a two hundred (200) word statement regarding your beliefs, as to the most critical problems
7. Bring two reference letters, at least one from a professional educator;
Upon completing the Procedures for Admission, the Faculty Committee will make
a recommendation to the Vice Presidents in charge of Academic Affairs. The student will be notified of the commitiee's decisionin writing.
Contact Information and Any Other Inquiries:
Bronx Admissions Office
Mr. Abraham Cruz, Vice President
347-964-8600 ext. 360
Northside Admissions Office
Ms. Miriam Pfeffer, Director
718-782-2200, ext. 210
Dr. Joseph Gaines
347-964-8600 ext. 451
Prof. Alejandro Villalba
718-782-2200 ext. 248
Total Program Tuition:
Brooklyn Campus: $11,000
Bronx Campus: $12,000